Reporting from production companies
To make the distance from music use to the copyright holders’ compensation as short and easy as possible, TONO and NCB have a form that makes music reporting efficient and easy to understand.
Absolutely all music must be reported in full on the form below, whether they be commissioned music, existing music, or ready-made/royalty-free music libraries. Remember to mention what was commissioned music.
The information that you fill in must closely follow the template on the form that you download because this information will later be recorded electronically.
Only send one form per program/episode.
Here’s what to do:
- Download this form: Cue sheet
- Replace the text in each cell on the Excel sheet that you downloaded with information from your production
- Finally, send the form to the respective TV channel, and to NCB
A few clarifications:
- The column order is fixed and must not be altered.
- The first line is for program information.
- The next line is for music information. It must remain in this order.
- “Channel” should be replaced with TV2, for example, “broadcast date” with 20140125, etc., and must be filled in on allrows with music information.
- Use the formats that are used in the example:
– Date: YYYYMMDD
– Time: HH:MM:SS
– Run time: MM:SS
- Information on the broadcast date and time should be filled out/can be obtained from the respective TV channel.
Unsure of the composer/lyricist?
Helpful websites for finding the right cmposers/lyricists: