What is NCB, and what are mechanical rights?

If you want to record a piece of music or make an audio-visual production containing music, you must first obtain a licence to do so from NCB (Nordic Copyright Bureau).

NCB issues this licence on behalf of composers, lyricists and music publishers that own the rights to the music, and you must therefore contact them when you are planning to publicly release a production.

Contact details:
Tel: +47 800 56 627
Email for CD releases: AUDIO.NO@NCB.DK
Email for film productions: AV.NO@NCB.DK

for medlemmer

Are some types of yoik covered by special copyright provisions to accord with Sámi tradition?

Yes, TONO has special copyright rules for the personal yoik that it administers. Copyright protects everyone who creates works of music or other intellectual property, and forms the basis for TONO’s operations. In Norway, this right is established in law through the Norwegian Copyright Act. It is also protected under a number of international agreements,…
Les svaret i ny fane